Kratom is creating a positive impact among users. It’s no wonder that it’s growing in popularity. Consumers prefer it as a herbal alternative to pharmacological medication with fewer side impacts.
The Southeastern Asian herb, also referred to as Mitragyna speciosa, boasts an array of possible health benefits. Individuals from Southeastern Asian countries like the Philippines, Papua New Guinea, and Malaysia have used it for centuries.
They mainly harvested its leaves and chewed them, but there are more ways to sample today’s miracle plant. The most common one is in powder form. Perhaps you’re using Kratom in Canada for the first time.
You’d like to use it for its health benefits, but you don’t know the correct dose. Keep reading to learn more.
Kratom blades have various strain colors and vein types. Each thread is unique in that it contains special healing properties. The main strains are:
- Red Vein Kratom- they’re the most popular strain, and they’re high in 7-hydroxymitragynine, one of the primary mu-opioid receptor agonists in Kratom. You may use it to lower pain or promote sleep. Some common types are Red Borneo, Red Asia, and Red Indo.
- White Vein Kratom- they’re the exact opposite of the red variety. They’re mildly analgesic and sedative. However, they provide unmatched euphoric and stimulating qualities. Some examples are White Sumatra, White Horn, and White Kali.
- Green Vein Kratom- they’re more balanced than the first two in that they’re somewhere in the middle between stimulating and relaxing. Some examples are Green Dragon, Green Bali, and Green Borneo.
Health Benefits of Kratom
Researchers and Kratom users laud it for its various health benefits. Some of them are:
- It may elevate your mood
- It might treat anxiety
- It may act as a stimulant
- It might improve your concentration
- It may enhance your sleep pattern
- It might relieve stress
- It might treat diarrhea
- It may reduce swelling
- It might be an anti-oxidant
- It might help in losing weight
Other Ways to Ingest Kratom
There are other methods of consuming Kratom aside from Kratom powder and Kratom leaves. They are:
- Kratom has an unpleasant bitter taste and earthy aroma, adding it to drinks and food. Therefore, you can make it more palatable by adding it to juice or salad.
- The Kratom capsules
- Kratom paste- you create it by mixing Kratom powder with water until it attains a dense texture.
- Kratom tinctures
- Kratom tea
How Much Kratom Should You Consume?
Now that we know the various ways of consuming Kratom, we should consider the proper dosage. The best thing about using Kratom is there’s no risk of overdosing. However, it would be best to start with a small dose before gradually increasing it.
Several factors determine how much of the herb you should take:
- The strain of Kratom you’re taking
- Your tolerance levels
- The reason why you’re taking Kratom
- Your gender
- Your weight or BMI
Tips on Taking Kratom
Kratom will only be helpful to you if you ingest it correctly. The following are some pointers you should use as you consume it:
- Start with a small dose
- Be patient to see its effects
- Pay attention to your body’s reaction
- Don’t take it on an empty stomach
- Mix different strains for a more balanced impact
- Add some sweetener like honey if you’re taking Kratom tea.
Ideal Kratom Dose for Health Benefits
Now that we know how to take Kratom let’s look at the ideal dose for various benefits.
- For pain relief and sleep enhancement- you should start with 3-5 grams. If you don’t experience any changes, increase the dosage by 0.5 grams until you attain the desired effect. After that, you can stick to that dose.
- For energy and concentration- start with 1 gram and increase the dosage until you hit your sweet spot. Once you attain the desired effects, stick to that dose.
- For euphoria and calmness- you should start with 2 grams. If it doesn’t work, increase the dosage by 0.5 grams until you get the desired effects.
The general dosage for different classes of users are:
- Beginners- 1 to 3 grams of Kratom powder.
- Advanced users- 4 to 6 grams. Some users begin feeling Kratom’s impact at this level. If you’re among them, you can stick to it until your body familiarizes itself with the amount, then you can move to the next group.
- Hardcore users are Kratom users who are used to the herb and its impacts. They ingest 6-7 grams of the powder. Seven grams is when you’ll feel the effects most. Therefore, specialists recommend that you don’t go beyond here.
How Long Should You Wait Between Kratom Dosages?
Take Kratom at least twelve hours apart if you ingest it daily. You can have it in your blood regularly this way. You can use it at shorter intervals if you use it sporadically. However, it would be wise to place six hours between several doses. Consider taking a break for one or two days to avoid building tolerance.
Kratom is an excellent herb with a wide range of benefits. You can use it to relieve pain, enhance concentration and focus, and euphoria. These benefits only come if you take the Kratom dosage correctly.
Avoid taking it in large doses as this could lead to tolerance, which will reduce its potency. And be optimistic as you take it, and it’ll work for you.