Quickbooks errors are quite common and can occur anytime in the application during various operations. It also affects the Quickbooks desktop features like payroll, and once you encounter any such update errors, then the application won’t allow you to download or install the updates.
What is Quickbooks Update Error?
Quickbooks errors are the most common issue to updating the Quickbooks and can occur anytime in the application during various operations. As it is a well-known thing how important it is to install the updates of any application, as it removes bugs from the application, makes it more secure, and adds on new features for users. If you were getting any errors installing the updates, then follow the troubleshooting method mentioned in this article.
What triggers the QB update error?
There are many types of errors that users witnessed many times, some of the most common Quickbooks update errors that users might face are Quickbooks Error 12157, Error 1603, Error 15271, Error PS038, and Quickbooks Error 404. Following are some known reasons that cause update errors in the Quickbooks Desktop application.
1) incorrect date and time settings on your windows computer.
2) Internet connectivity issues.
3) Windows firewall is preventing Quickbooks from downloading updates.
4) More than one installation of Quickbooks desktop on windows.
Steps to Fix Quickbooks Desktop Update Errors
Troubleshooting the Quickbooks update error
step 1: Check the date and time on your computer
- Check the date and time shown on your computer are correct and if not then right-click on the date and time icon at the lower right corner of your computer desktop screen and select Adjust Date and Time.
- Unmark set the time automatically slider box and click change under the change the date and time settings
- Now set the correct time and date and make sure that you set the time zone automatically option is turned on.
- Click on the change button and close the date and time window
- Open Quickbooks and try to download all the updates again
Troubleshooting step 2: verify and set up your Internet connection
- First of all open internet explorer and visit a safe website that you normally visit like intuit.com
- Now if you are not able to access the website or getting any error message like you are Unable to connect to the internet, then contact your IT person or support for help. If the website is loaded successfully, then follow the next step for further process.
- Now open Quickbooks Desktop, and under the Help, tab click on internet connection setup.
- Click on Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application access the internet.
- Now hit on the next and choose advanced settings under the advanced tab.
- Now after all these steps click on the OK button and then hit Done.
Troubleshooting method 3: Remove the second copy of the Quickbooks desktop
If you have the same version of Quickbooks desktop installed twice on your computer system then it can cause you to face update errors, we suggest the user remove the other copy of the application and keep one application installed on windows. Learn more about News
Troubleshoot step 4: Open Quickbooks as an Administrator
The Quickbooks desktop update error also occurs when you do not have admin permissions to install the latest update. To resolve this, you need to follow some steps mentioned below:-
- Exit all the programs working on your computer system.
- Reboot the system.
- Search and right-click Quickbooks.
- After that, choose Run as administrator.