Many radiculopathy patients respond favorably to physical therapy and get treated without surgery. Physiotherapists create tailored treatment plans to help persons with lumbar radiculopathy minimize discomfort, recover normal movement, and resume routine work.
Physiotherapists are experts in movement. Proper care, patient engagement, and body movement, all help to improve the quality of life.
How can a physiotherapy center in Mumbai benefit you?
Physiotherapy yields faster results than operations or pain medication, except the severe cases, such as opioid medication. Your physiotherapist will develop a plan that includes workouts and treatments that you can do at home and help you recover faster. Physiotherapy will assist you in getting back to your routine. The time it takes to repair the disease varies. Follow correct posture, pain reduction, stretching, and strengthening for quicker recovery.
During the first 24 – 48 hours after being diagnosed with lumbar radiculopathy, your physiotherapist may recommend:
- Protect the area by avoiding activities that aggravate symptoms, such as heavy lifting
- Avoid excessive bed rest.
- Stay active by taking short walks several times a day. Moving around will make you feel better by relieving pain and stiffness.
- Apply ice packs to the area every 2 hours for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sit down in a sturdy chair. Smooth cushions and comfortable seats may aggravate your problems.
- See a doctor if you need further treatments, such as medicine or diagnostic tests.
- Some workouts are more useful for those who have radiculopathy. They will be described to you by your physiotherapist.
- When other forms of exercise are uncomfortable, water workouts can be a terrific way to keep physically active.
Few useful tips when you are looking for physiotherapy treatment in Mumbai:
- Get references from relatives and friends, and health care providers while searching for physiotherapists.
- When making an appointment with a physical therapy clinic, inquire about the physical therapists’ experience with herniated discs.
- Prepare to describe your ailments as thoroughly as possible, as well as what aggravates them.