CUET stands for Central Universities Entrance Test, which is a national-level exam for students who want to get admission to postgraduate, undergraduate, and research programs courses. The CUET exam in charge was taken by National Testing Agency (NTA) in 2021 and continued to conduct the CUET 2022. In the year 2022, it has been reported that 54 universities and colleges will participate in CUET 2022 to give admission to different courses.
Some of the well-known universities like Banaras Hindu University, Jamia Millia Islamia, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi University, and Aligarh Muslim University. This exam is conducted across the country at nearly 154 exam centres. This post will give you an overall idea about the CUET courses in 2022.
What is the exam pattern for CUET?
The Central Universities Entrance Test’s question paper has two sections such as section A and section B. The first part of section A consists of basic questions on Analytical skills, Mathematical aptitude, General awareness, and the English language. On the other hand, section B consists of questions on domain knowledge. Here is the Exam pattern for the CUET exam in 2022.
- The CUET exam pattern involves a specific set of question papers that includes 100 objective-type questions that a student needs to answer.
- Here, section A consists of 25 questions, and section B includes 75 questions that a student has to appear.
- In this exam, the student will be awarded 1 mark for every correct answer.
- This exam has a negative markings system where a 0.25 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
- A student has to solve all the CUET question papers within 2 hours.
- Apart from the English language, the question paper of CUET comes in different 12 languages like Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi, Assamese, Urdu, Tamil, Bengali, Kannada, and Malayalam, Odia, Telugu, and Punjabi.
Now let’s move on to understand the list of CUET courses.
CUET undergraduate courses
If you are applying for CUET this year to get admission to an undergraduate (U.G.) course, then it is essential for you to go through the course eligibility. According to the previous CUET notification, here is the list of U.G. courses that can help you to get into universities.
- Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University (Integrated MCA)
- Central University of Jammu (Integrated B.Sc. Hons MSc in chemistry, physics, Botany, and Zoology)
- Central University of Haryana (B. Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Printing and Packaging Technology, Civil Engineering; and B.Voc in Biomedical Sciences, Industrial and Waste Management)
- Central University of Kashmir (Integrated B.Sc. Hons. MSc in Physics, Mathematics, Zoology, and Biotechnology)
- Central University of Karnataka (BSc in Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Psychology, Geography, and Mathematics; B. Tech. in Electrical Engineering; and B.A. in English, Economics, International Relations)
- Central University Of Odisha (BCA; and Integrated M.Sc. in Mathematics)
- Central University of Rajasthan (Integrated M.Sc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Microbiology, and Physics)
- Central University of Tamil Nadu (Integrated M.Sc. in Chemistry, Life Sciences, Physics, Mathematics; Integrated B.Sc. in Textiles; and BPA in Music)
- Dr B R. Ambedkar School of Economics University (Integrated M.Sc in Economics)
- Central University of Andhra Pradesh (B.Sc Hons. in Political Science and Economics)
- Central University of Gujarat (BA Hons. in Chinese, German Studies; and Integrated MA in Social Management)
- Central University of Jharkhand (BA Hons. in Chinese and Korean)
- Sardar Patel University of Police, Security and Criminal Justice (B.A. in Security Management and Social Science)
CUET postgraduate (P.G.) courses
In the P.G. courses, you can get many options based on the specific university requirements. For instance, the Central University of Rajasthan offers Integrated M.Sc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Environmental Science, Biotechnology, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, and Linguistics. If you want to know more about the specific universities’ P.G. courses, then you have to visit their brochures or check the CUET web portal. You can find vast P.G. courses list that can match your personal interest.
CUET research program
CUET has many universities that offer research programs like Mphil and PhD in various courses. A student has to complete their master’s program in any stream with 55% (general category), 50% (OBC), and 45% (SC/ST/PWD) so that they can be eligible to get admission to the universities. These universities have different streams and seat allotments for taking students, so you need to check their website or go through the procedure.
Therefore, you are getting plenty of CUET courses that you can explore as per your interest and eligibility. If you want to get into a prestigious university, then CUET will be the right path.