Physical Address

304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124

Experiencing Electrical

Is your home experiencing electrical problems?

Electricity is both a boon and a bane. While it brings a lot of comfort to your home, it also becomes a cause of several life-threatening accidents. As per the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare’s report, 1493 people were hospitalised between 2002-2003 because of electrical injuries. 

How do you limit such occurrences? Rejecting the usage of electricity in residential spaces is not an option. So, what you can do instead is handle electricity with care. Be familiar with all the safe electrical practices, take all the necessary precautions and call a residential electrician when something seems amiss. 

To help you out on this front, here are a few signs that your home is experiencing electrical problems. Watch out for these and consult your electricians when any of these signs make their way into your home. 

  • Flickering Lights

Contrary to what horror flicks would like you to believe, flickering lights signify an underlying electrical fault and not a paranormal presence.

Flickering lights are not just annoying but a sign of an impending electrical hazard. While these faults are not always serious, for instance, a loose bulb or incompatible dimmer switch bulbs can result in flickering lights, it’s not an issue that should be ignored. As if not taken care of immediately, can lead to short circuits or electrical fires.

The most concerning causes of flickering lights:

  • Power surges or voltage fluctuations
  • Faulty connections
  • Overloaded circuits
  • Loose wiring

So, the moment you encounter flickering lights at home and notice their intensity increasing with time, reach out to your electrician in Pakenham and seek expert help. 

  • Recurrent Electrical Shocks

We don’t pay much attention to minor electrical shocks. But as expert electricians, let us inform you that it is not an issue that should be ignored. Such shocks can primarily occur when you plug or unplug an electrical appliance and the appliance in itself could be faulty or a sign of faulty wiring. 

The split-second shock might not seem like a big deal, but such shocks bring in the possibility of some major, life-threatening ones. Today, the stock might have left you unfazed, but that might not be the case tomorrow. So, consider such minor shocks a warning, consult an electrician and sort out the issue immediately. 

  • Constant Power Surges

A steady rise in electric current or constant voltage fluctuations are not issues that should be taken lightly. Power surges potentially damage your electrical appliances and lead to short circuits and therefore electrical fires. 

The most common causes of power surges include: 

  • Damaged wiring
  • Extreme weather conditions like lightning, heavy rainfall, etc. 
  • Overloaded outlets

While occasional surges are natural, if they become a constant occurrence at your home, they are a sign of faulty wiring. So, secure your home against such by consulting a professional. 

Expert Tip

As electricians in Pakenham, we recommend installing all your heavy appliances with surge protectors to protect them against such damages. 

  • Outlets/Outlets Are Warm To Touch

While turning on or off your electrical appliances, you might have noticed that your switches/outlets are warm to touch. Let us tell you that it is not normal. It could signify a significant electrical fault and, therefore, needs immediate expert attention. 

Major causes of hot/warm electrical outlets include: 

  • Overloaded outlet
  • The switch/outlet is damaged
  • Faulty wiring

If all outlets in your home are warm/hot, then the issue could be even more severe and could signify that your home is experiencing electrical problems. 

But note that dimming switches are naturally warm to touch. 

  • Regular Bulb Blowouts

The lifespan of an average incandescent light bulb is 1000 hours. If you notice that all the bulbs at your home are not living up to their expected life span, there could be a fault with your fixtures or electrical wiring. 

Common reasons for regular bulb blowouts include: 

  • High voltage
  • Loose connections
  • Short circuits
  • Incompatible light fixtures or switches
  • Improper insulation

Note that bulb blowouts are one of the first signs of electrical faults and, if treated on time, could secure your home against severe electrical damage.  

  • Rising Bills

When you go from autumn to summer months, bill hikes are natural due to the increased usage of cooling appliances. But are your electricity bills rising every month even though your electricity usage has not? If yes, then your home is experiencing some electrical problems.

Specific electrical faults like faulty wiring could cause your appliances to use more electricity than they are ideally supposed to. And if such defects are not treated immediately, you will have to pay a hefty sum for your electricity bill every month. 

Protect Your Home Against Such Faults With Direct Point Electrical

The moment you see any of these issues at your home, it’s a sign that you need to seek the help of an expert electrician. That is where we come into the picture. We are Direct Point Electrical, an expert team of residential and commercial electricians in Pakenham. We are available 24*7 and are fully equipped to cater to all your regular and complex electrical needs. Get in touch with us today!

Also Read: Gaming Keyboards: How to Choose the Right One for You.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *