Worldwide computerization and the fast pace of life dictate new rules. One of these is establishing a website. An online resource is a must for successful self-presentation, running a thriving business, and e-commerce. Today, there are various ways to generate a web platform. They differ according to the operating mechanism, requirements for the developer, functionality, and many other parameters. According to the level of computer literacy and code proficiency, web admins prefer the following options:
- Individual site layout. The HTML and CSS code are easy to work with, even for beginners. However, the higher the requirements for the functionality and appearance of the page, the more resources you need to apply;
- Constructors. It is a universal tool offering many templates and themes. Its main difference is a reliable graphic editor, which allows for a few minutes to customize a project of any complexity;
- CMS. It is the optimal solution for several reasons. First, it offers a flexible system of customization. The webmaster can modify the code. Second, the content management system is about reliability and assistance. Such systems are constantly updated and offer an improved model. It helps to keep up with the times and solve problems in a short time. Third, there is a wide range of software optimized for different platforms. The most popular among them are the following:
Today we will try to briefly outline Shopify’s big advantages and possible disadvantages when creating a portfolio. We will talk about the key features, as well as demonstrate sample templates. Looking ahead, TemplateMonster has built a rich collection of Shopify portfolio themes. These modern, multitasking and unique layouts help you save time and get a mind-blowing design.
Advantages vs. Disadvantages of Shopify
Shopify is the leading tool to support commerce and move to online marketing. The system is multifunctional and suitable for setting up numerous resources besides that.
- Unlimited possibilities. The online storefront holds a total number of products, items, and projects. Most Shopify competitors have a fixed set, which is provided for a fee.
- Intuitive admin panel. The developer doesn’t face difficulties while creating a portfolio page. Easy navigation and quick access to all UI elements are provided.
- Reliable support. A qualitative specialist helps to solve issues and answer questions 24/7.
- Easy editing. Data is updated quickly. No need to reload the page completely to see the changes.
- Advanced marketing. Shopify supports integration with Facebook, Google Shopping, and email newsletter.
- Unique domain. It offers to pay for a domain name. You can easily replace the standard email address with a quickly recognizable and memorable one.
- Additional applications. Service supports multiple modules to extend the functionality of the site. Marketplace assists you in selecting the appropriate options.
- Search engine optimization. Paid and free solutions for actively promoting a page on the Internet are worth paying attention to. They improve performance, set up the automatic filling of meta tags, analyze statistics, and perform other functions.
- Free testing. Create a Shopify portfolio website, train in editing and customization, and take advantage of all available services for free.
- The trial period does not include the publication of the resource on the web. Consequently, people do not see it, and monetization does not work.
- Strict regulations. The Shopify server manages the website on its own. In case of violation of the agreement, your page will be banned.
- Paid rates: starter, basic, professional, and unlimited at a fixed cost.
- The engine is targeted at a foreign audience. If the public is not English-speaking, localization is done manually.
Examples of Shopify Portfolio Templates
People in the creative professions use portfolios to find employers, sell their services and products, gain a reputation and build credibility. Many photographers, copywriters, artists, writers, designers, and architects recognize the value of a professional-looking resource. What’s more, it’s a must-have attribute for any businessman. Entrepreneurs, managers, administrators, marketers, and others vigorously incorporate portfolios into commercial activities. They allow you to highlight achievements, prove professionalism, attract attention and quickly climb the career ladder.
Let us present some versatile themes from TemplateMonster. They help build a flexible project with an authentic look and feasible deep functionality.
Interio Furniture Store Shopify theme
Consider a fully responsive model for your project. It’s a great solution for novice Shopify portfolio developers, thanks to the user-friendly interface. Edit, and change the count and order of pages according to your needs without code skills. Enjoy the modern design and structure. The light neutral background is complemented by contrasting dark details and bright accents. Overall, the web design is understated and minimalistic. It is what emphasizes your identity and does not distract from the content.
Dream Jewellery Store Shopify theme
This template differs from the first one with a fuller and richer visual display. Many parameters are visible, making the consumer’s task much easier. Getting to the home page, he can immediately select the category of goods and key demands. Such a Shopify portfolio website impresses from the first seconds with its scale and informative nature. Smooth animation plays a crucial role in grabbing attention. In addition, scrolling positions in the gallery quickly familiarize the buyer with the products. Prepared design is characterized by gentle color combinations and clear opposite details. The mix of pink and black may seem cheeky, but is that a reason not to try it?
Bistro Food Store Shopify theme
Here is another example of an off-the-shelf product from TemplateMonster. It’s a 100% customized version that looks great on any screen. There is quick access to the categories Blog, Collections, About Us, Wishlist, Shopping cart, etc. It’s also easy to choose language and currency because corresponding widgets are in the top right corner. Combinations of bright hues prepare the recipient for interesting and delicious content. The background photo, which is visible when the page scrolls, is an attractive solution.
Themes for your Shopify portfolio website have the following features:
- SEO-friendly and retina-ready display;
- The mobile layout included;
- Drag and drop handy builder;
- Mega menu, dropdown menu, product structuring choices;
- Video and photo background;
- Shopify visual builder;
- Advanced filters and product search;
- Dynamic checkout;
- Multiple languages and currencies (EUR, USD, GBP);
- Quick browsing and product reviews;
- Cross-browser compatibility;
- Flexible color adjustment system;
- Parallax effect;
- Wide palette of free google fonts;
- Detailed application guide.
The Shopify service is one of the best on the market today. Its main advantage is focusing on the consumer’s needs and a loyal attitude to clients. It is a favorable environment for novice web admins and experienced developers. Thanks to the ease of customization, simple user interface, and numerous modules and extensions, Shopify is gaining an ever-increasing audience. However, it would help if you also considered the platform’s shortcomings.
Digital products created by TemplateMonster professionals are worth special attention. They are a full-fledged alternative to long site-building from scratch. Choose a faster and more convenient method to save time and surprise customers with nonstandard solutions.
- How to create a Shopify portfolio website?
First, choose a domain name – a simple but well-remembered one. Then select a template. Focus on your preferences: a landing page or multi-page platform, multitasking or aimed at aesthetic satisfaction, etc. Think through the structure to the smallest detail. If necessary, edit ready-made layouts to bring them to perfection. Personalize the product. Make the site your business card. Carefully check the content, design, and quality of functioning before publication.
- What should I pay attention to when choosing a portfolio Shopify theme?
First, we advise you to concentrate on your needs and wishes. The TemplateMonster page has a well-developed search system, which allows you to find a product through filters and categories. On the left sidebar, choose parameters, cost, rating, etc. Examine the templates carefully to select the most appropriate one.
- How could I personalize a Shopify portfolio page?
One of the best tips is to use a premium model. It has unique web solutions, including a refined and unique design. In addition, devote attention to the photo and video materials. Exclusive and high-quality images of products or services build trust. If possible, connect the web page with your social media.
- Is it possible to develop a Shopify portfolio website for free?
No. There are several reasons for that:
- Selecting a domain and hosting provider promises costs.
- If you have a long-term perspective, you should opt for a premium theme.
- You may need to buy additional modules during development.
- You may need the assistance of a professional in customization, content writing, SEO promotion, and other services.
Do you like provocative or minimalist designs? Prefer multifaceted platforms or one-page sites? Regardless of your preferences and plans, TemplateMonster has some valuable tips. Check out a selection of current web design trends and the top 10 Shopify digital products.