Pain is unbearable. It’s no wonder you try as much as you can to relieve it when it shows up. Most people treat aches with painkillers such as ibuprofen and paracetamol. They may be effective, but they don’t offer long-lasting effects. Using them for long can cause side effects such as nausea and dizziness.
A better alternative for healing pain is natural medicines. People have used them for years. They’re easy to use, readily available, and offer minimal to no side effects. Perhaps you’re used to artificial painkillers, but you’d like to switch to natural options. The post below can help make the process easier.
What Exactly is Pain?
Pain is an unpleasant sensation that alerts you of possible tissue damage. For example, you touch something hot, and pain immediately registers in your brain. Your body responds by moving away from the affected area.
To your body, there are five types of stimuli that cause pain:
- Burning or
These sensations send messages to your brain for you to take action. For instance, if you touch something hot, heat receptors in your skin send messages to your brain. Your nerve endings respond to these stimuli, sending messages when they encounter pain triggers.
Types of Pain
There are five main kinds of aches:
- Nociceptive pain: This is the most well-known kind. It usually results from tissue damage and inflammation. It’s typically felt as a throbbing, sharp sensation. For instance, if you hit your arm against a table leg, nociceptive pain could be what travels up to your brain.
- Neuropathic pain: Your nerves can be a source of pain. This is more likely if they’re injured or inflamed. For instance, the pain from sciatica stems from a nerve being pinched between your lower spine and hip bone.
- Radicular pain: It’s a very particular pain that can happen when the spinal nerve gets inflamed or compressed. It spreads from the back and hip into the leg through the spinal nerve root and spine.
- Chronic pain: This pain doesn’t have an immediate cause. It can be because of an underlying illness like rheumatoid arthritis or a disease like cancer. And it can be intermittent or constant and is longer in duration.
- Acute pain: This is the most common pain cause. It’s usually time-limited (at least several minutes to three to six months) and can come with an underlying condition or disease.
Factors to Consider When Using Natural Painkillers
There are several aspects that you should consider before using organic painkillers:
- Duration: You should choose a painkiller that offers quick relief and lasts long enough. For instance, you don’t want to use an all-natural remedy for your headache and find it gone in 30 minutes, only for the same ache to return.
- Possible Allergies: You should never go for remedies that you’re allergic to.
- Effectiveness: You should only go for remedies that work.
- Safety: You shouldn’t use treatments that are dangerous to you. For instance, while you can use some natural painkillers on infants, you can’t use others.
- Side Effects: You should only go for remedies that don’t have adverse effects on you or any other individual.
Best Natural Painkillers in 2022
The following are some quality organic painkillers that you should use this year:
This is one of the best naturally-based painkillers. Researchers have found CBD + THC oil to offer significant benefits in reducing pain. Its effects are usually quick and efficient, going a long way in providing pain relief for patients with various conditions such as:
- Multiple sclerosis, and
This is a spice that boasts remarkable medicinal characteristics. For example, it can soothe pain and inflammation since it has curcumin, a unique component that combats pain. It can also reduce swelling since it reduces histamine degrees.
This is a natural salt that originates from the Dead Sea. It’s rich in magnesium, which makes it an ideal treatment for pain and other health conditions such as:
- Muscle cramps and spasms, and
Since Epsom salt has high magnesium content, it can relieve stress while relaxing your muscles.
It contains some vital minerals in moderate quantities. Some of these minerals are:
Its antibiotic property can help treat UTIs. It encourages the flow of pee while reducing pain in the urethra.
This is a potent herb with some incredible medicinal properties, such as:
- Antibacterial and antifungal activities
- Anesthetic property
- Anti-inflammatory nature
It can reduce pain since it has allicin. This compound helps open the blood vessels and cells that cause swelling while reducing pain.
These are spices that have been used since ancient times. They can aid in pain relief. They have eugenol, an active ingredient believed to relieve arthritis and other conditions when you smear the crushed spices topically.
They also contain beta-caryophyllene, which behaves like an anti-swelling agent on the central nervous structure.
Natural painkillers are the then, now, and future of pain eradication. Their fast-acting action and plenty of beneficial compounds are some excellent reasons to give them a try. Remember to start small and go for one which your body can handle.
Keep intake consistent, be optimistic, and strive to buy fresh produce to get the best results if you plant them in your backyard and use them, the better!